Chronology of Diplomatic Relations
Diplomatic relations between Georgia and the Holy See were established on 23 May, 1992
In 2004, Embassy of Georgia to the Holy See was opened in Rome.
Ambassadors Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Georgia to the Holy See:
- H.E. Khétévane Bagration de Moukhrani 2019-to date
- H.E. Tamar Grdzelidze 2014 - 2018
- H.E. Khétévane Bagration de Moukhrani 2004-2014
- H.E. Amiran Kavadze 2001-2003 (with the residence in Geneva)
In 1993, Apostolic Nunciature of the Holy See was opened in Tbilisi. Upon the decision of the Georgian authorities, Apostolic Nuncios are appointed as the Doyen of the Diplomatic Corps.
Apostolic Nuncios of the Holy See to Georgia:
- Monsignor Jose Avelino Bettencourt 2018 – to date
- Monsignor Marek Solczynski 2012 – 2017
- Monsignor Claudio Gugerotti 2001-2012
- Monsignor Peter Stephan Zurbriggen 1998-2001
- Monsignor Jean Paul Gobel 1993-1998